Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Refreshing the Blog

 As of July 1, 2020, I am fully retired. I worked very part-time as a complaint investigator for 10 years.  The resolution of special education complaints involves examination of Individual Education Programs (IEPs) and whether or not the IEPs were implemented. Schools were closed from mid-March, indefinitely, due to the coronavirus pandemic.  When I heard that we could expect a huge influx of complaints I knew it was time to move on. Honestly, how could anyone expect teachers and therapists to implement IEPs as written when you cannot be in the same room as the students!  Online technology can be very effective but not for all students. 

Volunteer services at the children’s hospital where I helped inventory breast  milk in the NICU were suspended in mid-March.

The Guardian ad Litem program operates virtually now.  I continue as a volunteer by visiting with my children through FaceTime and What’s App  Courtroom appearances are through Zoom  I actually prefer it to driving around town.

Am I busy? No.  Do I stay productive?  Somewhat.  Am I happy?  Yes.  I realized my favorite hobbies - reading and cooking- are very satisfying.


I do miss going to yoga classes.


No comments:

Post a Comment