Sunday, February 21, 2010

Retirement Paperwork is Done!

     Yesterday I received a letter from the Teachers' Retirement System. All of my paperwork has been processed and I will receive my first "pension" check on or about April 15th!  My last day of work for my school system will be March 31, 2010.
     My immediate plans are to make plans! I have a number of home improvement projects I want to initiate and some to complete. I also have some tentative work lined up. I am feeling a little more elated each day but I don't know how I will actually feel on the first day I do not have to get up and go to my job.  I have been gainfully employed since the age of 15 (not counting those babysitting jobs) and I want to take stock of what I have contributed. I may also sleep a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment